Digital Marketing Co-ordinator
Thank you for your interest in this role.
Below you will find:
- Information about The Forge
- Key Terms and Conditions
- Background to the Role
- Role Purpose and Responsibilities
- Person Specification
- Recruitment Process and Timetable
If you find you have a question which isn’t answered in this pack, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Forge
The Forge is an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation (NPO) specialising in participatory work with young people. We work closely with disadvantaged schools co-creating arts-based programmes to improve children’s outcomes. We are the North East delivery partners for Artsmark and work in partnership with Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums.
The Forge is the North East’s leading arts-in-education agency and specialises in multi-agency projects that use the arts to improve the life-chances of children and young people. The majority (95%) of our programme occurs in places of least cultural engagement and focuses on overcoming barriers that prevent people from accessing arts and culture. We have over 21 years-experience of co-creating programmes with North East school partners. In recognition of our skills in teacher development, we deliver the Arts Council’s Artsmark training programme for Culture Bridge North East, and in 2018 began a pioneering Teacher Development Programme with seven North East primary schools, funded by Paul Hamlyn Foundation (Teaching Things Differently – Paul Hamlyn Foundation (phf.org.uk)).
Find out more about The Forge at www.intheforge.com
Key Terms and Conditions
The Forge Executive Director, Tony Harrington
This is a part-time, freelance post. The initial contract will be for three months and a rolling contract thereafter. The role is for a total of 12 hours per month, approximately 3 hours per week at an hourly rate of £15-£20 (depending on experience) which is inclusive of any travel costs.
Remote/home working and/or use of The Forge office space in Stanley, County Durham, and meetings in schools, where appropriate.
Applicants must be registered as self-employed and have the right to work in the UK.
Background to the Role
The Forge is looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, committed and experienced Digital Marketing Coordinator. We are looking to grow our following on social media platforms by a minimum of 10% over the next six months. The primary focus will be to attract more engagement on our posts and build the community of our followers. Measurables that we will look to review are website clicks and engagement with posts (comments).
Role Purpose and Responsibilities
- To work with The Forge to create a strategic plan for audience growth
- Posting content on social media including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Drive social media follower growth and engagement
- Work with the staff team to optimise content and audience engagement
- Manage social media marketing campaigns
- Provide a marketing and communications report with information on marketing activity and campaign performance monthly
- Support the development of our website
- Communicate with the press where relevant
- Manage own work timeline
- Explore new forms of digital engagement where relevant.
You should have the following:
- Strategic marketing and planning experience
- Knowledge and experience of working on a project-basis
- Ability to create content that responds to trending stories, occasionally at short notice
- Ability to multitask varied workloads
- Interest to keep learning about social media, including new styles and functionality
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Proficient at using industry standard graphic and video editing software
- Self-motivation, self-awareness, self-discipline, self-improvement and happy to work independently
- An understanding of GDPR regulations, and can implement processes to ensure consent is acquired to protect children and vulnerable adults
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to produce short films suitable for social media.
- A network of press and media contacts
- Basic graphic design skills
Recruitment Process and Timetable
|Deadline for applications||Friday 19 May 2023|
|Shortlisting completed and candidates notified||Friday 26 May 2023|
|Interviews/Assessment||w/c 12 June 2023|
How to Apply
Please send a CV, together with a supporting statement demonstrating in detail, how you meet each of the requirements of the Person Specification.
Applications can be posted to The Forge, Stanley Education Centre, King Edward VIII Terrace, Shield Row, Stanley, County Durham, DH9 0HQ or emailed to email@example.com. All applications will be acknowledged. If you have any access requirements or would like this information in another format, please let us know.
Shortlisting and Interviews
Once shortlisting is complete, we will inform every applicant – successful or otherwise – whether they have been successful in making it through to the next stage.