Artsmark is Arts Council England’s prestigious national award that recognises schools’ and colleges’ achievements in the arts. It is delivered in the North East by The Forge in partnership with Culture Bridge North East.
Artsmark gives you the tools, contacts and resources you need to support ambitious improvement. It also links you to a network of like-minded ambitious schools and colleges, and gives you opportunities to access additional CPD, attend creative learning surgeries or teachmeets and engage in action-research projects around cultural learning.
Artsmark benefits include:
- Enrichment, development and strengthening of your arts and culture provision
- Recognition for your achievements in arts and culture
- Evidence to show how you are meeting social, moral, cultural and spiritual requirements for Ofsted
- Improvements in students’ confidence, resilience and drive through participation in high quality arts activities.
- Helping children and young people to develop character, talent, knowledge and understanding through strategic use of the arts
The registration process is easy. Simply:
- Register your school at www.artsmark.org.uk and pay the £500 Artsmark fee
- Attend a development day
- Submit a Statement of Commitment outlining your focus for improvement
- Develop your arts provision
- When ready, submit a Case Study outlining the quality and impact of arts provision
- Be awarded with Artsmark at Silver, Gold or Platinum level
To find out more please visit www.artsmark.org.uk or watch the film below. You can also contact The Forge directly (email@example.com) if you have any further questions about the award, or how it is delivered locally.